- Lead the development, validation and implementation of advanced performance condition trend monitoring algorithms for all types and models. This includes steady state and transient aero-thermodynamic cycle analysis in support of engine performance, control, stress and aerodynamic studies.
- Responsible to lead a team of engineers and data scientists to develop and validate advanced aircraft utilization algorithms, feature engineering scripts and engine performance trend monitoring tools to enhance engine maintenance forecasting accuracy.
- Will drive the feasibility assessment of new concepts and support preliminary design studies in support of product entry into service based on a thorough understanding of system level issues related to design, performance, operability and operation.
Operationally, the candidate will also:
- Support the design and development of engine data collection systems and ground station data processing to enable detailed aircraft mission & utilization type analysis for various engine types.
- Lead the development and implementation of scripts, algorithms, machine learning, data clustering and classification techniques within a relational database structure to manage, aggregate and search data in support of advanced diagnostics and prognostics.
- Lead the design and implementation of dashboards and BI solutions for internal and external reporting.
- Responsible for the project coordination for the team, track project budgets, lead research initiatives and perform process development/implementation and supplier management.
- The candidate needs to be a driven individual that can employ their industry experience with individual dynamism that can bring organization and partner's s together to deliver comprehensive solutions.
- Excellent business acumen, superior communication and people as well as information technology skills are fundamental.
- The individual is recognized as highly self-motivated and a fast learner with strong communication (ability to read communication styles of team members who come from a broad spectrum of disciplines), leadership (cross-functional team), personnel management and problem solving skills.
- Finally, the candidate will be focused on lifelong learning and being recognized as an expert in their field.
- Background or demonstrated expertise in aircraft turbine engine performance, operability, control systems, and design analysis.
- Demonstrated expertise in aircraft engine health trend monitoring, system fault/event analysis, operational analysis and maintenance practices for continued airworthiness.
- Strong knowledge of aerospace standards (ARINC 429, DO-178B/C, DO-278).
- Strong knowledge of computer programming (C++, Fortran, Python, VB, Java) and macro/perl script development.
- Extensive database knowledge (MSSQL, ORACLE).
- Experience with application of statistical based big data analytics and BI solutions.
- Strong project management, leadership and communication skills.
- Good teamwork skills, strong analytical skills and highly motivated.
- Good oral and written communication skills and dispute resolution.
- Proficient at handling several analytical tasks concurrently and thrives in diverse environment.
- System level thinker.
- Proficient in data modeling techniques.
- Commitment to quality.
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
- Bachelor of Science in Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering with 15+ years' of experience in aircraft turbine engine technology and aircraft performance.
- PhD or Master's degree in Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering with 10+ years' of experience in aircraft turbine engine technology and aircraft performance.
- Bachelor or Master's degree in Mathematics or Computer Science with relevant aerospace engineering experience may also be considered.