Job Order: ET-1366
- Effective management of select assignments within the region; meeting budget and delivery timeframes; ensuring client satisfaction.
- Ensuring that assignments are executed with technical proficiency, accuracy, and professionalism.
- Develop and implement an aggressive sales program to develop new accounts within the Division.
- Participating in business development ventures and presentations, including regular contact with existing and prospective clients in the region.
- Estimate costs and provide projections as required to meet budgetary goals.
- Investigate and analyze surety performance and payment claims.
- Create accurate project schedules and analyze existing project schedules for accuracy and conflicts. Meet schedule goals and targets.
- Solicit, negotiate and manage subcontracts including change orders and pay applications.
- Analyze the overall health of a given construction project to determine risks associated with schedule, cost, quality and safety. Estimating, scheduling, blueprint review and analysis.
- Direct interaction/oversight of project managers and junior staff.
- Timely review and processing of client deliverables.
- Make employee safety a priority both in-house and on-site, in accordance with corporate policy.
- Ability to buyout projects, formulates contract agreements, analyze and interpret project cost controls, negotiate change orders, direct subcontractor work and perform risk analysis.
- Proven track record of the ability to expand client services with existing and new clients as part of ongoing business development.
- Able to demonstrate experience in the management of construction designs, budgets and schedules.
- Evaluate and forecast for potential problems with construction objectives or schedules.
- Able to understand and prepare project cost to complete analyses.
- Ability to prioritize key deliverables throughout the life cycle of a project, from estimate/ buyout to closeout.
- Provide high level review of construction issues for claim analysis.
- Deliver direction across multiple construction disciplines and identify need for experts where necessary.
- Ability to provide high level review of construction issues for claim analysis.
- Effectively identify key milestones for project monitoring budgets across all types of construction projects.
- Experience in delivery of projects on-time and on-budget.
- Able to communicate effectively (written and verbal) with superiors, co-workers, clients and subcontractors.
- Effective staff manager able to challenge and mentor staff, as-required and assist in the growth of the Division.
- Demonstrates strong leadership skills.
- Able to provide oversight and direction to junior staff.
- Other duties as assigned by Direct and Indirect reports.
- Able & willing to travel,
- 10-20 years construction (Surety and Claims) experience.
- Bilingual French and English.
- Understanding of CPM scheduling.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Project is preferred and knowledge of Primavera is a plus.
- Expert witness testimony is a plus.
- As a minimum, a Bachelor's degree in a technical, construction-related field (i.e.: architecture, construction management, civil/structural engineering).
- Advanced degree or certification not required but, beneficial.
- Prefer a minimum of 10 to 15 years' experience in construction activities directly related to project management.
- Proven track record of Project Management.
- Business Development acumen.
- Must be able to perform complex tasks and handle multiple priorities, and have the ability to perform exceptionally under high stress conditions.
- Knowledge of computer operations and standard software packages (word processing, spreadsheets, Adobe) required.
- Advanced degree or certification not required but beneficial.
- Basic proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Understanding of CPM scheduling. A basic knowledge of Microsoft Project is preferred and knowledge of Primavera is a positive.
- Position requires Health & Safety Training/Certification pursuant to Provincial and/or Federal regulations.
- Extended travel is not anticipated but, could be required during times of extraordinary or catastrophic events.
- Able to carry and operate a 24-foot extension ladder unassisted.
- Able to walk on sloped roofs.
- Able to work in small spaces (attics, crawl spaces).
No more jobs from this category.
Please, enter a valid value
Your password successfully changed.