- Develop a clear understanding of the overall business and project objectives and the detailed system objectives and requirements in order to apply this understanding during solution design, development and testing.
- Apply database and software design concepts and validate high level solution designs.
- Contribute to the detail-level solution designs to include the identification of dependencies and deficiencies.
- Develop solutions that meet all business, user and technological requirements, both functional and non-functional.
- Develop solutions that adhere to architectural patterns and utilize industry best practices and established development processes.
- Apply application and data security best practices and identify and resolve application defects and data security issues.
- Perform the requisite unit, module, integration and performance testing utilizing industry testing standards and processes in use of the company.
- Identify, triage and resolve defects.
- Conduct and participate in code reviews and effectively apply all recommendations identified as part of these reviews.
- Adhere to the development lifecycle methodologies, service management practices, system development standards and quality assurance processes in use of the company.
- Deliver clear and accurate technical documentation to include technical design and solution documents as well as operational transition documents.
- Degree or diploma in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of five years of IT experience in defining and overseeing the generation and implementation of technical solutions for large, complex, multi-tiered applications in a web based environment, four or more years of which are in a senior technical position.
- Extensive experience and proven expertise in the development of web-based middle tier, back end and front end development.
- Demonstrated experience with formal system development methodologies and standards.
- Ability to understand and prioritize user and business requirements and to conceptualize information processing solutions in response to them.
- Ability to analyze scope and define work effort required
- Ability to plan and manage workload effectively.
- Actively collaborates within and across teams.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate complex ideas/processes in simple terminology.
- Fluency in both official languages is an asset.
- Certification in ITIL V3 Foundations is an asset.
- Experience with Ab Initio and MicroStrategy is an asset.