- The candidate will be adaptive, self-motivated, detail oriented, and accomplished at multi-tasking and prioritization.
- Has recent relevant program management expertise within the IT industry
- Has a depth and breadth of experience in all phases of project execution, from inception through to conclusion Proactive, energetic, professional self-starter with excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to work effectively in cross-functional teams
- Has extensive experience in leading all aspects of project delivery within a program, including the oversight and assurance of quality across all project deliverables Conversant in various tools for analysis, management, project scheduling, and time tracking software
- Detail oriented with excellent analytical and problem solving skills, including the ability to deal with complexities, competing priorities, ambiguity, and cross-competency collaborations.
- Excellent with collaboration and organization skills
- An excellent communicator with very strong written, verbal and presentation skills, including the experience and ability to deliver messaging to various levels of both the company and customer audiences
- Have extensive experience in direct customer contact, including authoring and delivering presentations
- Have strong leadership/decision making, creative problem-solving skills
- Have experience leading multiple projects with competing demands and tight margins and timelines
- Have an innate attention to detail, and a disciplined ability to prioritize and identify the critical path.
This role reports to the Director of Professional Services.
The Project Manager maintains strong relationships with all team members including: Systems Development, Quality Assurance, Product Marketing and Product Support.
- Manages the initiation, planning, execution and delivery of approved and prioritized initiatives to ensure that the business objectives and stakeholder needs and expectations are met
- Constructs a comprehensive Statement of Work document outlining the project scope, project success criteria, specific deliverables, roles and responsibilities of each team member
- Coordinates the gathering and confirmation of project work streams; determines deliverables, budgets, timeline and review process; and, conduct regular project meetings
- Using RUP, works with project team members to create and maintain a detailed project plan that is thorough and inclusive of all activities / tasks in each project phase.
- Engages resources as required by the plan for the successful deployment of the project.
- Details and assign work package plans in coordination with delivery managers.
- Provides work instructions and other relevant data to the project team, and develop project status reports for all stakeholders
- Plans, monitors and leads projects using the appropriate Project Management standards and participates in the development of project management standards and methodologies
Project Execution & Delivery
- Meets regularly with the team to follow up on tasks, deliverables and issues.
- Communicates status to the client via written reports and meeting or teleconferences.
- Tracks project plan to baseline against time and budget constraints.
- Manages project scope & handle scope change requests using appropriate documentation.
- Logs, monitor and handle project issues, analyze & recommend viable alternatives.
- Ensures proper documentation is completed & stored where accessible. Documentation includes Statement of Work, plan, schedule, scope changes log, issues log, risk assessment, minutes of status meeting and customer satisfaction priorities.
- Ensures that projects for which they are responsible meet the requirements of company standards, practices, and procedures.
- Ensures that all necessary risk assessments and risk assessment processes are carried out at the appropriate time (Architecture, Governance, Security Threat Risk Assessment, and Operational review and compliance).
- Associates staff to the project and organizes them into teams
- Leads the project team members towards the successful conclusion of the project.
- Acts as a single point of contact for both the internal company team and the client team (as appropriate).
- Manages customer expectations, by identifying Customer Satisfaction priorities for individual engagements and managing, tracking and delivering on those priorities
- Ensures a high level of customer service and view toward repeat business.
- Manages team relationships. Provide performance feedback and coaching to project and program team members.
- Builds strong relationships with key internal department leads including resource managers, product development and account management.
- Manages project teams of internal and external resources including vendors and customers
- Conducts weekly team meetings and attend client meetings.
- Coordinates the appropriate use of resources (project manager, BA’s, QA’s and Developers).
- Reviews deliverables and provides direction and feedback to project team and clients
- Identifies new client business and brings visibility of these opportunities to the internal sales team (Account Management / Director, Professional Services).
- Ensures time sheets and expense records are correct and accurate. Submits as per directions of the Director, professional Services
- Submits project status records for the duration of the project.
New Work Assessments
- Collects desired enhancements from clients and gather estimates from business & development teams for pricing and preparing change orders
Desired Skills and Experience
- Possesses a university degree/college diploma
- Min. of 5 years related experience
- Demonstrated experience using the RUP software engineering process, to assign tasks & responsibilities within a development organization
- Project Management Professional (PMP) designation is preferred
- Have successfully managed large projects in a financial services (banking, finance, insurance) organization, with Professional Services engagement management experience preferred
- Experience in revenue forecasting and tracking on Professional Services engagements.
- Proven experience in leading project estimation working groups composed of cross-functional teams.
- Proven experience in creating and managing Statements of Work to define project engagements with the client.
- Exhibits a working knowledge of core Enterprise competencies including knowledge of the Enterprise's business environment and products
- Can demonstrate a proven track record of, relationship management, and dealing effectively with senior management & client management
- In depth knowledge of financial services industry, particularly retail business represented by Investment Dealers and Brokers. Experience in investment products, Financial Advisor practices and activities, and back office processes is preferred
- An ability to organize own and project team tasks and activities to meet deadlines, peak periods and unexpected situations within available resources. This requires prioritizing and organizing beyond the day to day and over a multi-month engagement
- Ability to make project decisions independently and as part of the team
- Ability to prepare detailed work plans for individuals and a team
- Ability to utilize and grow the skills and talents of project staff by providing constructive feedback and coaching
- Strong negotiation and influence skills
- Ability to organize and facilitate teams towards agreed objectives
- A strong customer focus and ability to adapt quickly
- Enthusiastic and creative contributor
- Quality, details and results oriented professional
- Strong verbal, written communication and presentation skills
- Committed team member with positive attitude
- Effective and engaging communication of project plans and status to internal and external audiences
- An understanding of the modern technologies and trends and project methodologies
- Possesses knowledge of project management software applications/project tools (e.g., MS Project, MSOffice applications)