The job requires a Dispensing Audiologist who will assess hearing, select/recommend hearing instruments when appropriate (and/or refer when appropriate). The clinician will also provide dispensing services which includes verifying and validating hearing instrument performance.
- All tasks/procedures related to assessment of hearing for the purpose of dispensing hearing aids (including history taking, air and bone conduction thresholds, speech testing etc).All tasks/procedures related to the dispensing of hearing aids (including hearing aid evaluations, recommendations, fitting, verification, validation, impression taking, shell repair and modification).
- Adhere to all infection control and privacy and confidentiality standards.
- Maintain appropriate and complete records and documentation.
- Knowledgeable about all products and services related to the hearing centre.
- Committed to providing the highest level of member service.
Non-Essential Functions and Tasks:
Assists in other areas of the warehouse as necessary.
- Education/Training: Minimum of a Masters Degree in Audiology with all qualifications to dispense hearing aids in Ontario.
- Permits/Licenses/Certifications: Registered (or eligible for registration) with the College of Audiologists and Speech- Language Pathologists of Ontario.
- Experience: Clinical experience is preferred.
- Knowledge/Skills: Attention to detail and technical aptitude. Strong organizational and time management.
- Strong communication and counseling member service skills. Strong computer skills. Position requires a fully qualified Dispensing Audiologist.