The Technical Project Lead will work with multi-disciplinary teams comprised of business area, technical and corporate support resources, both functionally and virtually, through a matrix organization model, all aligning to the plan.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Works with Project Team(s) on ITS Product Delivery projects and will participate in the establishment of the overall project charter, success criteria and detailed objectives and performs the following activities:
- Share technical expertise with project team
- Lead to the successful execution of the Technical components of the projects
- Participate and collaborate to all initiation and planning/scoping activities for projects as assigned, as well as the detailed maintenance, gating and control of all project activities through execution and implementation following OUR CLIENT's project management practices.
- Participate in the establishment and maintenance a resource plan, budget, forecasts and reporting.
- Secure the provision of required technical support that align with overall project and align with other business area and corporate support resources for the assigned project.
- Participate to appropriate management of risk, schedule, scope and budget.
- Participate in setting management goals for project activities and the project specific workload of technical staff with tangible work plans, which will include collaboration with managers/supervisors of staff assigned to the project for a period of time.
- Anticipate potential problems and recommend corrective measures and action.
- Ensure staff development by mentoring staff, providing effective performance feedback and ensuring that there are opportunities for skills development.
- Liaises with internal and external stakeholders to ensure alignment with scope, deliverables and other matters related to the project and ensures outstanding technical issues are addressed appropriately in a timely manner. Work closely, with Project team or the Project Management Office (PMO), when appropriate, and experts either within or outside the organization. Consults with and keeps project and functional area authorities informed of all progress and/or issues that are hindering issues. Escalates issues and problems as necessary to the PMO, and /or project team.
- Uses OUR CLIENT's project management standards including project management methods, tools, and templates to develop, monitor and track operational plans, budgets, and work plans. In compliance with OUR CLIENT's corporate reporting requirements, provides documentation regarding project progress and change requirements at the specified monthly/quarterly frequency. Reports on project progress and project deliverables versus. plan and expectations and produces project artifacts to provide information on overall project health. Ensures acceptance of project deliverables.
- Works with the PMO to provide current and accurate information about project status to the Manager, PMO and attends monthly PMO status meetings. Participates in the communities of practice within the organization as it relates to Project Management.
- Liaises internally with the OUR CLIENT Management Team across the organization as required. Establishes and maintains relevant professional contacts on behalf of OUR CLIENT with external stakeholders in support of identified programs/projects.
Knowledge and Experience
- Graduate degree in a relevant discipline (computer science, engineering and/or Business Administration or related). An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Five (5) years of managing medium to large scale Projects/Programs/Development management of technical solutions. Experience with projects having a significant Information Technology focus, content and deliverables.
- Demonstrated experience in the planning of enterprise-wide information technology solutions (web, data, architecture, applications and/or infrastructure including security) is a strong preference
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with the development and maintenance of project management artifacts and software development life cycle (SDLC) methodologies and approaches.
- Project Management Certification/PMP is preferred
- Proven ability to achieve results on time and within budget.
- Highly developed facilitation, consultation and negotiation skills; strong time management.
- Strong knowledge of the health care industry and work experience with health care and not for profit environments would be an asset.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively in a matrix management structure.
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Proficiency in MS Project is mandatory.
- Fluency in both official languages is an asset.
- Ability to meet travel requirements (occasional inter-office trips) as required.