The Web Development Team Lead is required to have good communication with the Product and Design team. A strong technical background in terms of successfully developing, managing and implementing product and service solutions with the latest web technology.
- Responsible for the development of web applications for browser and mobile devices and the understanding of break-points and responsive design.
- Responsible for supporting the Product and Design Manager in developing presentation layer standards and reusable user-interface component for development team.
- Responsible in contributing to the creative conceptualization of product ideas and enhancements of the product.
- Responsible to continuously build and improve of the Back-end, Web-Service, User-Interface of the product, as web standards evolve in technology and various legislation scenarios.
- Responsible in supporting the Product and Design Manager in the investigation and resolution of product delivery and customer support tickets.
- Accountable to develop estimates, monitor personal performance and deadlines for assigned programs.
- Accountable to communicate and support the Product and Design Manager in guidelines, processes and user-interface standards for the company and others as needed.
- Responsible to work collaboratively with all team members in Canada and abroad.
Required Skills and Experience
- Demonstrated excellence in communication and team aptitudes.
- Microsoft Certificiation is required
- Experience in an Agile environement.
- Demonstrate English writing in corporate communication - internal correspondence and product specification contribution.
- Possess high level of initiative and organization for work in 24 hour cycles for Canadian and operations abroad.
- Strong time management, organizational skills.
- Demonstrated competence through prior experience in defining and building user-interface scalable web applications.
- Experience in measuring and responding to performance load, browser, mobile presentation layer scenarios.
- Experience with SQL and RDBMS (preferably SQL Server)
- Professional Diploma, Degree in web development and design.
Skills and Experience that lend strategic advantage to the candidate:
- Experience in Azure, Office365 and/or other Cloud development scenarios.
- Experience with mobile web methods and responsive design.
- Experience with SEO and improving overall web performance.