Job Order: SE-6832
- Analyze, define and document requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environment
- Provide accurate estimates and deliver as estimated.
- Participates in the design effort by assisting the development of application component design specifications.
- Develops and tests components and complex subsystems in accordance with the project's adopted standards, for integration into larger systems.
- When test components, such as drivers or stubs, must be created to support testing, the developer is also responsible for developing and testing the test components and corresponding subsystems.
- Applies appropriate design patterns when writing software.
- Participates in code walkthroughs and performs code reviews providing feedback as required.
- Provides software maintenance support for existing products and customer installations
- Unit test, feature test, and regression test new and existing software application product features
- Writes appropriate unit tests and perform unit testing
- Analyzes, troubleshoots, and address the cause of problems efficiently and effectively
- Performs 3rd level support
- Creates technical documentation
- Mentors and provides technical direction as required to less senior developers
- Bachelors Degree or College Diploma from an accredited educational institution in Computer Sciences or related field
- Java-related certifications are an asset (Business component development - EJB, Web Development, Java Programmer
- 5-8 years hands-on Java development experience
- Practical application of Object Oriented Programming design and design patterns
- Working knowledge of Java technology EE5 stack:
- EJB3, JSF, JPA, JTA
- Working knowledge of J2EE development patterns
- Working Knowledge of XML/XML Schema/XSLT
- Knowledge of JBoss Seam, Hibernate; optionally Spring, Struts
- Knowledge of IDE: IntelliJ IDEA, Eclipse
- Knowledge of Java build concepts and scripting (Ant, Maven)
- Knowledge of MS SQL Server 2000/2005/2008, TSQL
- Understanding of Java application server: JBoss (Websphere, Oracle, Glassfish)
- Knowledge of versioning systems, such as SVN or equivalent
- Knowledge of Canadian Investment Industry, Mutual Funds and/or Securities processing
- Working knowledge of relational database design concepts
- Experience working with iterative methodologies (RUP)
- Windows Operating Systems: 2003/2008
- Linux Operating Systems
No more jobs from this category.
Please, enter a valid value
Your password successfully changed.