Job Title: Business Analyst (Edmonton)
- Must be capable of big picture thinking to analyze beyond the immediate solution and identify all impacts and risks.
- Must be able to interpret business terminology and translate into requirements
- Interacting with business clients to gather their business and technical requirements.
- Analyze requirements to provide solutions satisfactory to the client, taking into account established standards and guidelines.
- Provide estimates for implementing requirements.
- Translating business requirements into Functional Specifications.
- Understand the importance of the user experience and user interfaces.
- Design user interfaces for business application.
- Performing functional testing of application and business functions may be required periodically
- Ensure solution is viable and cohesive with existing applications.
- Liaise with developers and testers to support implementing the design.
- The resource must possess very strong communication skills and experience working with client’s at all levels
- The resource must be possess a commitment to high quality
- Must be a team player and possess a collaborative mindset
- Must possess a flexible open minded attitude and have strong interpersonal team skills
- Must be able to work in a self-sufficient manner and possess strong problem solving skills
- Must have experience working with and talking to clients at the working level within an organization
- Identify issues and risks, as well as quality and scope deviation
- Candidate must possess very strong oral and written communication skills
- Working with both clients and team members
- Candidate must be able to understand business processes and articulate in business terms
- Experience working with developers in a team environment
- Demonstrable experience communicating technical concepts to a variety of technical and non-technical audiences
- Candidate must have a flexible approach towards meeting client needs
- Demonstrable experience conducting presentations, effectively leading meetings and facilitating workgroups with diverse business interests to reach consensus
- Experience with requirements gathering, documentation and traceability
- Experience writing and reviewing Functional Specifications
- Experience conducting user experience workshops
- Must be a self-starter able to work with minimal supervision
- Experience estimating changes to systems
- Experience with web design and business application user interface design
Over their entire career, candidates will need to have exhibit the following:
- Candidate must have a quality oriented mindset and approach
- Must have worked in a team environment and demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills
- Positive and willing attitude, self-motivated and ability to work with minimal supervision