Job Description and Responsibilites:
- Installs, configures, maintains and supports local area network (LAN), wide area network (WAN), and Internet access; maintains network hardware and software applications system wide; ensures system resources are available not less than 99% of the time to users; monitors and logs systems to ensure application availability to all stores and users and performs necessary maintenance to support; performs restores of backups, and maintains DR program.
- Maintain and administer computer system and related computing environments, including servers/ desktops/ laptops hardware, systems software, applications software, and all configurations; diagnose hardware and software problems; replace defective components; monitor system logs and activity on all servers and devices.
- Administer Windows Server Active Directory, Group Policy, WSUS, DNS, and DHCP.
- Manage Navision ERP Platform, managing security of users, roles, permissions; supports Data Director Software and audits replication of data between systems; controls the database object upgrades and change logs.
- Plan, coordinate, and implement network security measures in order to protect data, software and hardware; audit system and complies with industry standards including PCI-DSS.
- Implement and maintain the security and network infrastructure to become and abide by ISO 27001 control standards.
- Document Network Topology and Systems Integration.
- Confer with network users about how to solve existing system problems.
- Perform data backups and disaster recovery operations including the daily rotation of computer backup tapes; monitor on-line storage tools.
- Research, build, and deploy required hardware and software for current and new company sites.
- Analyze printer, CPU, and router equipment performance records in order to determine the need for repair, upgrade and/or replacement; routinely clean computer hardware.
- Maintain logs related to network functions, as well as maintenance and repair records; maintain inventory of parts for emergency repairs and list of corporate assets.
- Design, implement, and support network improvements to increase availability and redundancy of networked resources (Internet access, remote access to Head Office by means of dedicated VLANS and/ or VPNS network. Routing, VPN, Fail - over, Load - balancing.
- Work with multiple vendors to get best service and prices while purchasing hardware and software.
- Trouble shoot any kind of software/ hardware issues using wide range of tools and utilities including network sniffers.
- Maintain a broad knowledge of operating systems, programming languages and hardware.
- Ability to effectively and efficiently troubleshoot IT problems during regular business hours, evenings and weekends.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with sensitive customer and internal information.
- Ability to document technical procedures in a detailed and concise manner.
- Ability to express ideas clearly both in written and oral communications.
- Ability to deliver training in the computer industry.
- Ability to install, maintain and provide support for Win XP Pro Workstations, 2003, 2008 servers, MS Office, Windows Vista, Windows 7.
- Ability to install, maintain and provide support for Apple OSX and iMac hardware.
- Ability to install, maintain and provide support for Linux Distributions
- Ability to travel throughout the company chain in the Greater Toronto area.
- Post-secondary diploma or degree; MCP/MCSE certification
- Minimum two years related IT experience with one year of experience working with Windows Active Directory and Group Policy, Networking.